Sunday 3 January 2010

Wow some actual scrapping and What a start to 2010!

This Year has not started well, I took Vicki to casualty on NYE or should I say 4am NY day, she is ok but that was not fun. There were no buses on the 2nd in my area so I had expensive taxi's to get me to a place buses would get me to work and then I got stuck in snow, I pray this is not a sign of our coming year LOL.

Whooaa! I actually managed to do a layout and I actually like it lol. I used mainly stash from my new BG Nook and Pantry collection, that I got for Christmas, what great papers to work with.

I also used a Prima pebble for the first time, what yummy accents they are!!

Ok so I have been searching for info on the next CHA, I usually got my info from Lifetime moments but was so sad to see they had closed down.

I have seen a few sneak peeks I like though, my must haves are all the 12 new Time Holtz distress ink colours:

The 4 Heidi Swapp special colours of Glimmer Mist:
And the already released BG ranges Origins and Sugar Rush, YUM YUM YUM!!!

On a non stash note, my friend Katy has introduced me to the world of Cath Kidston and although some of her stuff is over floral for me she has some fab stuff and I MUST MUST MUST have these bowls, cereal bowls in the shape of old fashioned mixing bowls, YUMMY!!
OK so getting home from work last night, nearly did not happen, I have a very long commute and there were blizzards and hail storms all the buses in Dundee stopped running, so I had to hope for the best and get a train to a town near home and them my oh so sweet BIL Kev came and got me from the station but the journey home was scary.
I was home for about an hour, the snow had stopped and all was warmer, then suddenly the heavens opened and this came down, Mum and I could not resist a play and a few pics.
LOL mum making the first footprints on the drive.
Vic looking fed up that she could not come out, she has severe Bronchitis and cold does not help it, so she was in bed bless her.

I did enjoy the snow for a few days but a few weeks is starting to suck! I will never wish for, or dream of a White Christmas again!! LOL
I am off to do another Layout, here is a quick picture of a kit I have put together to play with, I will post a picture of the finished layout, when it is done.
Happy crafting and Happy New Year. Jay xx

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Love your LO....it is so cute!!!! I adore all the goodies that you listed...I so want some of them also!!!

I know what you mean about the snow...we have had enough also and now we have high winds and bone chilling temps!!! ENOUGH I say!!!

Have a great day!!! :-)

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh transport and weather - it's been horrid and I think you're very brave about it. Poor Vikki, hope she's starting to feel better.
I've gotta get me some of those bowls too....because I need more!! AM sure your year ahead will perk up no end...we'll just get the weather sorted...

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Scrap Tiffany community! Love your Ikea layout! But I love the snow pictures best! Happy New Year!

-Jessica