Wednesday 23 April 2008

HOT HOT HOT!!!! & SPIDERMAN

Feeling HOT HOT HOT

These are my latest finished lo's. I enjoyed this one so much until it came to the journalling. GRRRRR! I may have mentioned before, as I usually do! that I can't stand my awful childish writing, but I am getting used to it, how ever, I hand wrote on this in 3 different ways before I got to this point, each one was either painted over or something was stuck over the top lol. I then read in Hiedi Swapps book that I should write in pencil first!!! After slapping my forehead a few times and calling myself a dunce (you would have thought I could have worked that out for myself!) I did just that and it gave me the opportunity to change the shape of letters a little and even though I am not yet happy with my writing, I felt better about using it.

I love this K & Co paper, which I mounted on Black bazzill to show it off. I has such a warm glow and seemed ideal for my Hot Hot Hot LO. This was also the 1st time I have ever used Love Elsie Fabric paper to cover chipboard letters, I found it a little problematic at first but as I learned what felt comfortable and the best scissors and knife to use it was a breeze.

SPIDERMAN

This lo was so fun to do, I used 3 of the papers from the BG cupcake collection pack. It was a really simple layout but I just kept looking at it thinking anymore will be to much.

Yes it's true!!! I used Thickers again lol and a Zig pen to outline them for a more comic book feel and I even drew a wee web and spider on the D lol. the other words are in doodlebug stickers coloured in the same blue Zig pen. I loved taking these pictures of EJ.
I have been reading a few debates about why people scrap, I do it for all sorts of reasons, sometimes for a creative outlet and others for future generations I don't see a reason to just do 1 or the other, its a hobby and a passion and we should enjoy the way we choose. I did this lo to remember a great day and because I loved the picture but they spoke for them selves and I am not goinhg to forget feeling happy, so in this case it was not important to me to journal on it.

How do you all feel about why you scrapbook and if you should or should not Journal. It doesn't matter if you don't agree with me I am interested in all views about everything.
Have a great evening xxxxxxxx

14 comments:

Linda Elbourne said...

Hot Hot Hot is my absolute fave - makes me want to grab a glass of cool lemonade and a parasol!

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Love both LOs! I tend not to be a journaller. Most of the time I let the pictures do the talking, especially as many of the old photos I'm scrapping at the moment aren't dated. Mostly I scrap because I enjoy the process and I choose pictures which are special to me and no else needs to know the whys and wherefores! If I'm sharing my scrapbooks with others I can tell them about the people and events.

daydreamer said...

2 great LO's there, love the Hot Hot Hot,you can almost feel the heat coming from the page!!x

Bagpuss said...

I love the way that you have layered the paper over the card it is just superb the way it brings the paper out at you!

Love em both tho I have to say!

Laurie.D said...

Brilliant layouts, i love the hot hot hot one!

Pam said...

I agree about journalling- it'ds great when you have something to say, but it's not necessary to atste the obvious.-I really love that hot- LO-it's hot!

Inspiration Alley said...

Love the layouts. Hot Hot Hot is my favs.

I journal a lot on my layouts because I came to Scrapbooking via genealogy. I'm always frustrated that I know so little about my ancestors other than the fragments that can be gleaned from official records. I want to know how they fely, their passions, their hates, their memories. So, scrapbooking for me is a way to leave that information for my descendents. For that reason, my journaling tends to brutally honest, warts and all, but then that's me, my blog is the same.

There are lots of times though when I do Scrapbook without journaling, just depends on my mood.

Cass said...

Fantastic LO's.Fave is the hot hot hot one.It just oozes heat.Those papers are gorgeous.

Cass xx

jay670120 said...

I love your hot hot hot L/O and the spiderman Pics are fabby what a fun looking play equipment !ylqkbkwt

Gemma said...

Hey pimp!!
Great LO hun.

rattytatty@fsmail.net said...

Wow . " really great los#s. Can#t see a problem with any writing. Love the HOT HOT HOT. I love what youve done with the paper

Tracey said...

WOW these are FAB Jay, I totally love the Hot Hot Hot one, makes me want to go on holiday lol, I think your writing looks fine too hun.

daydreamer said...

Hi hun, got to tag you i'm afraid! 7 random facts about you please! then pass on to 5 people, thanks x

Tessberrs said...

your hot hot hot LO is gorgeous
think you should submit it to a mag