Wednesday 9 April 2008

Sssshhhh! Artist at work

I am often heard praising people when they use bright colours, I am often nervous of using them myself and I know others are as well. I am in awe of people like Marieke from the colour your world blog. Who can use bright colours with ease. She inspired me to start to use some really bright colours. This lo was such fun to do and I really enjoyed working with the primary colours in these BG Cupcake papers.

Don't get me wrong, I have used bright colours before, if it works for a picture but prior to finding Marieke's blog, I would avoid them if possible. Now I am going to embrace them in all thier glory. So thank you Marieke you have been a great inspiration.
I am not often a fan of epoxy stickers these days, however I think these paint splats worked a treat.
MY friend Emma, say's "when it comes to scrapping you are a total perfectionist and everything has to be neat!", so I let myself go a little and just splatted the primary paints on these bazzill white chipboard letters.
HOWEVER!! It turns out, Emma was right and I found myself drawing round the edges in black pen, I told Mum it was because it made them stand out (which it does!) but truth be told I wanted to make the edges neat lol. It will take a wee while for me to really embrace those things but I will try lol.
The pictures are of Emma and Ethan having a day of painting when they were living with me last year. Great memories.
Have a good evening all. xxxx

11 comments:

EWhyley said...

hee heee heeeee!!!
Lovely LO.
em x

Shirley said...

After seeing your lovely LO I followed your link to Marieke, what an amazing lady!
Thanks for the link.
I loved your artist letters they look really great on the LO :)

Inspiration Alley said...

Lovely LO. I think the letters look great outlined, really finishes them off. Wish I could produce neat tidy layouts, mine all end up quite grungy.

mandijane said...

I LOVE it....more more more

Flapsi Hapsi said...

Love those bright colours!

barmyowlscoo said...

Love the LO I'm glad I'm not the only one to out line the letters to make them neat, I also have trouble putting things wonky on a LO.

Lori said...

LOL Jay- Emma is so right! But this page looks great, even the outlined letters!!

Laurie.D said...

Your layout is amazing. I love the paint splats and the letters, it looks great!!!
I followed the link to Mariekes blog. Her work is definatly inspiring.

Fairytips said...

Brilliant! I feel inspired to be a bit braver with my colours... thank you!

Cass said...

Fab LO. So colourful.

Cass xx

Tracey said...

Thats LUSH Jay