Monday 7 April 2008

I had a Love, Hate relationship......

.... with this lo!!!!

At first I loved the papers etc. As I started to work with them I became less impressed, then once I had laid everything out and hated the Lo totally but I went ahead and stuck it down moving a few pieces around, now I love it!! Don't ask me why, I don't really know but I went through every emotion with this one, maybe it's just the mood I am in LOL.
These pictures bring back such great memories of Ethan last summer, that maybe why I got so mad about the lo because I love the pictures. Also I love the Archaic papers and could not understand why I was finding it so hard to scrap with paper and photo's I adored. Strange.
I used a few bits of Love Elsie Riley mixed in with the BG Archaic.
Then also some Fancy pants crochet flower, I am in love with these, ( I bet some of you are thinking where has she been these have been around for ages!! ) I know I have just never got round to using them lol! but now I have there is no going back!
All in all a very stressful lo to do but I am very happy now it's done lol.
NOTE TO SELF: Stop getting so stressed! It is a hobby your supposed to have fun with it.
In irony I am usually the least stressed scrapper and am always giving that advice to others, maybe I should take a look at other areas of my life and sort those out lol.

Have a great day xxx

8 comments:

Inspiration Alley said...

Well, I definitely love it, there's so much to look at and yet it all blends together perfectly.

Mrs_Tiggy said...

Hey Julia, I love this LO. I can understand your range of emotions though. It can be hard when working with a "bold" pp, but I think you've done a great job. I love the BG papers and you've used them well. Thanks for your comment on my Blog and for listing mine on yours! I'm happy I'm blogging too :)

Laurie.D said...

I love it too. I like how everythings set out and all the embellishments! It looks great :)

barmyowlscoo said...

I love the LO to, it's stunning,I took ages learning how to make those flowers but have never used any.

voodoo vixen said...

What a brilliant page, love the colours and the letters with the bling, the crocheted flowers - loads of interest to keep drawing the eye.

mandijane said...

I think it's a fab LO and does the photo great justice...

TaraMcCay said...

Your layout is fabby! i love the way that you have been able to put so many elements into it. i am a bit of a minimalist scrapper ... but i think it is just because i am too scared to try putting more onto a page. i should take my inspriation from you beacuse the result is fantastic,
Ps. thank you for your comment on my blog - Cleo Crafts

TwinTrouble said...

Absolutely love this layout... it all goes so well together!